Student Comments "This instructor was great! I have a strong interest in learning all types of Yoga and this was among my favorites. As a theatre performance major, I benefited more than I could imagine from this class. The breathing exercises were amazing for me, and I will be able to use those techniques in my own craft. I have suggested this course to many of my friends. ..."
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. . . As Taught by Yogi Bhajan
The 3HO Foundation of Missouri, Inc. is a private not-for-profit educational organization whose purpose is to teach Kundalini Yoga, Meditation and other techniques for Health and Happiness in Missouri and surrounding areas. Teachers are certified by the Kundalini Research Institute and some are members of the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association and Yoga Alliance. We offer workshops on a wide variety of subjects, including Vitality & Stress, Chakra Balancing, Women's Health and Well-Being, Weight Management, Yogic Diet & Nutrition, Gong Bath, Sound & Mantra, the Bhandas (locks)and many more that can be developed at your request. Some of the workshops we conduct offer CEUs through IKYTA and Yoga Alliance. Karta Purkh is E-RYT500.
Call us at 816-561-5337 or email email@example.com if you or your group would like to sponsor a Kundalini Yoga Workshop in your area.
Yoga Teachers earn 7 IKYTA CEUs and 7 Yoga Alliance CEUs through this one-day workshop (9 am - 5 pm) on Saturday MAY 10, 2014 for Yoga Teachers, First Responders and Mental Health Workers at the Heartland Conscious Health, at Nirvana Pointe, 11616 N. 34th Av, Omaha, NE 68112.
This workshop is designed to assist teachers and counsellors to develop effective methods of supporting their students and clients who are experiencing the effects of trauma.
- Trauma may overwhelm our ability to cope and live in the present. We have noted that more and more people are coming into our classes who are suffering from depression, fatigue, and other symptoms of our stressful society and lifestyles. Indeed, surveys are showing an alarming prevalence of trauma in the US and around the world.
- According to a national incidence study of abuse and neglect, nearly 3 million children (1:25) experience some form of endangerment each year in the US, and almost 1:3 of these children experience direct physical, sexual or emotional abuse. 2:3 experience significant physical or emotional neglect.
- According to the National Institute of Justice and Centers for Disease Control, nearly 1:5 of women and 1:33 men report experiencing attempted or completed rape at some time in their lives.
- Each year in the US, approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner.
- In the US alone, around 7.7 million American adults age 18 and older (3.5% each year) suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Some may complain of only 1 or 2 symptoms while others are plagued with multiple and often disabling behaviors. While not all are dysfunctional most are suffering in ways that Kundalini yoga can help.
- Current research is showing how yoga and meditation may reduce symptoms, particularly in disorders that have a strong psychosomatic, psychological or stress-related component. Yogi Bhajan brought us a powerful set of teachings that we can apply to aid most of the people who come to us for relief.
Both are Level One and Two Kundalini Yoga Trainers who were trained directly by Yogi Bhajan, Master of Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga, and Vedic Healing. Both have been teaching Kundalini Yoga for nearly 40 years and are certified in Supporting People with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) through Kundalini Yoga and Mind Body Interventions for Post Traumatic Stress Disroder.
- Karta Purkh S. Khalsa, BA, M.Ed. IKYTA, E-RYT500, Director of the 3HO Foundation of Kansas City, MO and the KC Kundalini Yoga Center.
- Sat Inder K. Khalsa, BA, MSW, IKYTA, Administrator of the 3HO Foundation of Kansas City, MO and the KC Kundalini Yoga Center.
Early Registration $108. $120 after 5/1/2014. Group Rates are available.
Vegetarian lunch and 17-page handout included.
Bring a mat or large towel, pillow, and shawl or blanket. Pay by Credit Card or Paypal.
This Workshop will be rescheduled in the event of cancellation.
Contact Sophia Stratbucker at Lyndyn@thewellnessconnection.net or call (402) 212-7477/551-0500 for information about accommodations.