Students of all ages, walks of life, and levels of experience have participated in the Aquarian Teachers Training Certification Program since 2003. These comments, which were provided through Feedback Forms to the Teachers, suggest that they learned a lot about themselves and others, Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, and a Yogic Lifestyle. And they had a lot of fun, too.
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. . . As Taught by Yogi Bhajan
Here are some of the students comments about the classes in the Aquarian Teachers Training Courses:
- This is the second time I have taken this (UMKC) class and I have enjoyed it as much as the last. This time I have implemented a couple of the basic kriyas into everyday life, and the benefits have been overwhelming. I have felt an overall new sense of confidence and mental balance as well as more flexibility and endurance. I'm truly glad I took your class.
- Thank you for your suggestions! The meditation is especially amazing. I woke up around 3 a.m. today and did the breathing practice for the deep, dreamless sleep, and it worked so quickly and so well! This is the second full day of a calm mind. I feel alive again. I was kind of like a zombie. This is almost like magic, and I needed a bit of magic in my life! I cannot wait until the next class.
- I learned about listening to the imprint of my sound. I didn't know about that before.
- Great lunch! I love the community kitchen and enjoy the company.
- This was a nice, varied weekend of activities!
- Meditation/mantra/mudras is a therapeutic touch to the mind. Great class. Lots of action and laughter.
- I learned that when I sit in judgment, I sit in insecurity. I make myself small. I did not know that before. I am learning to unlock myself from "want" as I work with the neutral mind kriya.
- I am learning that the mind is not me. I am more than the mind.
- I am learning how many subconscious fears I have. Where did they come from?! I am trying to be more objective and learn how NOT to be controlled by my mind. I'm tired of being a slave.
- Sometimes I feel like I'm here by accident. I have not had to try for my spiritual life. In fact, I never knew I wanted one. But I'm glad I'm here regardless!!
- I learned that the heart has a stronger electromagnetic field than the brain.
- I learned many, many things that I did not know before.
- I learned that there are simple ways to teach physiology and anatomy in Kundalini Yoga. Great spinal/ biomechanical explanation. Thanks!
- I learned that change doesn't have to mean getting rid of everything that's in place. It can be as simple as changing how I look at what it is.
- What a blessing and opportunity Kundalini Yoga Teachers' Training is. Thank you!
- I learned how to see the faults in others and choose not to see the faults. I'm going to try this immediately!
- I learned the differences between asanas, exercise, posture and kriya. I learned that I actually enjoy teaching. :) I learned Shuni Mudra to affirm my power when someone is trying to shake me up.
- Your positive energy is healing and contagious :)
- I am getting a bigger picture of Kundalini Yoga and how it "fits" my life.
- The student practicum is very helpful. I also like the check-in we do at the start of class. (Note: During Teachers Training, students practice teaching yoga through "practicums", which builds self-conficence and strong projection.)
- Classes are very well planned, presented and guided.
- I like the presentation of exercises in the class, showing common mistakes to avoid in Kundalini Yoga. It is also fun!
- I really enjoyed charting out my life cycles. I can see more clearly the themes that take me up and down.
- The sessions are great!! So glad and thrilled to have this opportunity. I have greater awareness of what brings lows into my life and how to be neutral to those stimulus.
- I learned about caliber as the degree or measure of capacity that impacts others.
- New seeds are planted in every class, and they grow after class. I feel a continuing challenge to my destiny as a teacher. The presentations are great!
- Class is always illuminating, invigorating and inspiring. 3 I's. I am relating to my third eye. This environment is very healing and supportive. I look so forward to being in your space!
- I am learning to honor the teacher in me while in the "Caliber" meditation. I would like to evoke this memory in my future meditation. This is great! I enjoyed the way the instructors complement their insights to serve with greater understanding. I like the group interaction better and better in the relaxed way we interact.
- I learned that it isn't as bad as I thought to teach in front of the class. I am learning the impact of my neutral mind in approaching the teachings.
- I am learning that Kundalini Yoga can be done by anyone regardless of body, shape, flexibility, or health condition - that every posture can be done right. I can instruct myself in my own words about a Kundalini posture and practice this way instead of memorizing the written instructions.
- I want to share the teachings with others and be a l lighthouse and a forklift. I am learning better form in postures and that smiling is a mudra for my face :)
- All sessions of the Kundalini Yoga Teachers' Training have been excellent, and I really felt encouraged, stronger, and very gratified. Interesting presentations, moved the class along nicely, very upbeat.
- I learned that I have been folding at my creaes. I still can't believe I can do plow pose! I am facing my fears head on!
- I am receiving so many blessings from these Teachers' Training sessions.Thank you!
- I learned tons about Sound and Mantra - pronunciation, the science behind the sound. The teacher's presence and belief and love of what she does is infectious.