The practice of Kundalini Yoga begins before your class starts. To create the best experience for yourself and others, please follow these guidelines:
Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan embraces the qualities of compassion, awareness and respect. In this attitude of awareness, we ask that you. . .
- Please arrive a few minutes early. This will allow you to sit. Relax, stretch, breathe deeply and quiet your mind. If you arrive as yoga class is just beginning, enter quietly and sit in the back. If you are really late, please consider coming to the next available class. Once class has begun your entrance can be disruptive and may not be accommodated.
- Yoga is best practiced st least two hours after a meal. During class, drink water very sparingly. We do not want to cool the inner heat or "tapas" that increases the body’s flexibility. Drink water either before or after class.
- Tell the instructor about any injuries or special health conditions before class. He or she will then be able to make suggestions to aid you in your practice and make it safer and more enjoyable.
- You can bring your own yoga mat to class for hygienic and energetic reasons. Several mat styles are available to enhance your practice. Towels are free on your first visit; after that please bring a towel or mat of your own. If you perspire during class, please bring a towel. Please do not use studio blankets or shawls if you are perspiring. Yoga mats can be kept fresh by washing them from time to time. If you have a lambskin, wash in cold water with Woolite and air dry, do not use a dryer as this will cause the skin to shrink and break down.
- Please keep conversations to a minimum, as other students may be relaxing or meditating. We want to create a space of healing, quiet, and relaxation as well as one of friendship. If you wish to talk with the instructor or ask questions please do so before or after class.
- Please leave the parking space directly in front of the pathway open.
- Leave cell phones outside the yoga studios. If you are on call or in an emergency situation, please alert the teacher and utilize the silent or vibration feature of the phone or pager.
- If you are a beginner please check with the instructor before class or by phone if you have any questions. Please ask the staff or teachers for suggestions about classes if you are uncertain.
- Remove your shoes after entering to keep the floors clean for others.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes, colognes, after shave lotions or fragrances as some people are allergic to strong odors.